- To provide supervisory oversight over shared services in the areas of Accounts’ services, Clearing Operations, Trade and Treasury back office, Cash Management services and Records/ Archives management.
- To enhance operational standards in order to improve service delivery and mitigate operational risks and losses.
- To assist the Head of Operations to implement an effective Operational Risk Framework within the department to ensure operational risks and controls are being managed appropriately in a proactive, risk based and disciplined manner to meet internal, external and regulatory requirements.
- To ensure coordination and maintenance of the Department’s control reports.
- To work closely and in consultation with the Retail Department for the supportive and 2nd tier support to facilitate Operational excellence across the Branch network.
- The job involves continuous review of processes in order to enhance efficiency and compliance with policies.
- Drafting and implementation of new processes including post implementation review to determine residual gaps and failures arising from changes in business and regulatory environment, as well as customer trends.
- Identify events that expose the bank to risk due to inadequate or failed processes, people, systems and external events.
- Provide quality assurance in service delivery through assessment and monitoring of process performance against set targets.
- Monitor and ensure compliance to internal control systems and operating procedures.
- Maintain and review process metrics, standards and SLAs between Operations Department and other stakeholders.
- Ensure losses, risk events, policy deviations, RCSA and KRI exceptions are recorded, reviewed and reported. Engage appropriate stakeholders to ensure timely remedial actions and escalation of situations that pose significant risk.
- To monitor the progress of business continuity and implementation of the business continuity plan in line with the department’s business continuity plan and RMD risk management guidelines.
- Review and enforce industry and KCB best practices around the supervised functions.
- Ensure proper functioning of day-to-day controls, periodic monitoring activities and timely identification and resolution of risk issues.
- Review and authorize transactions within delegated limits.
- Review compliance to policy and ensure daily monitoring of Important Transactions including surprise checks on Cash Management Unit.
- Follow up on closure of audit issues and queries logged in the Issue Tracker/ ECRM for Operation Departmental units for purposes of providing immediate solutions.
- Analyse data and prepare reports on process performance for key central processes.
Skills and Requirements.
For the above position, the successful applicant should meet the following criteria,
- University degree in Business, Humanities, others from a recognized and reputable institution, Professional Qualifications in Banking, Business, Accounting or any other field is an added advantage. Master’s degree in any field is an added advantage.
- At least 7 years’ experience, 5 years in Branch Operations, 5 years in Head Office Operations (Clearing, Central cash, Remittances, Trade Services, Reconciliation), 1 year in KYC Processes, 1 year in Risk Management and Audit, 1 year in Change Management, 1 year in systems and process design.
- Business skills, financial and data analysis and business performance management.
- People management, organizational and leadership abilities.
- Team player and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Solutions oriented mind set and creative thinking abilities.
- A good understanding of Risk, Compliance policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated consistent high performance in roles held.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practice in Banking
If your career ambitions match the requirements of this exciting career opportunity, please visit our website https://ug.kcbgroup.com/about/careers and use the link below to log in to our Recruitment portal to submit your application with a detailed CV. Your cover letter should explain what you believe you can offer KCB Bank Uganda. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.