The role reports directly to Manager shared services and Operations efficiency in Operations department.
The Manager Account Services Centre directly and centrally oversees the daily activities of the Accounts Services’ Centre - reception, documentation, data capture, system authorization and review of KYC relating to new and existing customers bank wide.
- Daily Management of the Account Opening Process at the Accounts’ Services Centre
- Centrally ensure full KYC compliance and due diligence for all new accounts opened across the Branch network.
- Undertake quality checks on reviewed accounts to ensure compliance to account opening requirements and KYC/AML guidelines
- Ensure customer data integrity by sampling input accounts for uniformity and consistency.
- Monitoring and maintenance of issue tracker to improve TAT on account opening and maintenance.
- Coach and supervise any subordinated staff in the Department to achieve set targets and accuracy.
- Follow up with the Bank’s Legal department or authorized law firms on searches on business accounts and advise the Branches accordingly.
- Undertake KYC trainings in the Bank to facilitate awareness and staff onboarding.
- Ensure the safety, periodic review and integrity of Account opening files and date is always maintained.
- Overall supervision of the ASC daily activities to achieve the set targets.
- Authorization of account reinstatement/re-opening subject to fulfilment of full KYC.
- Coordination of company searches with the authorized bank lawyers in order to meet the TAT.
- Coordinating stake holder engagements to address emerging risks and aligning KYC requirements in the department.
- Generate activity reports to ensure the Account opening process is well documented, monitored and all stakeholders are provided with comprehensive and timely status reports.
Skills And Requirements.
For the above position, the successful applicant should meet the following criteria,
- University degree in Business from a recognized and reputable institution, Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- The role requires an independent person who can make correct judgement with an in depth understanding of KYC and AML controls.
- The qualifying person must at least have 7 years relevant experience preferably; 2 years (Branch Operations-Account opening & KYC), 2 Years (Section head front office operations), 1 year (General banking) and 2 years (controls and Compliance).
- Strong communications, negotiations and interpersonal skills.
- A good understanding of Risk, Compliance policies and procedures.
- Team Player and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practice in Banking.
If your career ambitions match the requirements of this exciting career opportunity, please visit our website https://ug.kcbgroup.com/about/careers and use the link below to log in to our Recruitment portal to submit your application with a detailed CV. Your cover letter should explain what you believe you can offer KCB Bank Uganda. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.